The Establishment Conditions, Title Deeds and Development Plan, spells out certain firm and important principles, some of which are included below, together with previous and well established Rules, Regulations and Guidelines.
1. Marloth Park is a Special Holiday Township with special conditions for Land Use, Occupation and Conservation – it is NOT a Public Holiday Resort.
2. The allowable period of occupation of any residential stand is limited to a maximum of 4 months per annum – except by Special Permission. (The Conditions and Application of which is still to be clarified).
3. No residential stand may be used for Commercial Application – such as; a lodge, guest house, self catering, bed and breakfast - nor any form of Commercial Hospitality, without Special Consent, (which must be applied for and may be granted under Special Conditions).
4. Such Consent Land Use, if granted, is attached to the Property Owner and NOT the Property. Such Consent Land Use is not transferable on the sale of the property and must be re-applied for by any New Owner. A regular Review, of Compliance by the owner, of the conditions attached to the Consent Land Use, shall be implemented and Consent use shall be with draw, if all conditions are not complied with.
5. As per the Title Deed, any development on any residential stand may contain only One Single Living Unit. Hence no Granny Flat, Studio or out buildings for the purpose of any form of human, living or occupation shall be allowed. No ‘abnormal’ link between two or more buildings, ‘to make it look like one’, shall be allowed.
6. All Residential Stands are zoned as ‘Residential One’ and Re-Zoning is NOT allowed in terms of the Conditions of Establishment.
7. The total coverage of development, on any residential stand, may occupy up to 50% of the area of the stand, for any form of human purpose, use, comfort, occupation or living – hence 50% MUST be left untouched and in its natural state – unfenced, with its full natural bush, brush and grass. (Areas swept clear and devoid of any vegetation, is part of the allowable coverage).
The Main Building, Out Building, Parking, Paving, Patio, Lapa, Boma, Pool, Garden, Drive Way, Fire Place, "Wendy" structure, Game Watering, Pagoda, Shading, Clean Swept Areas etc. all form part of the 50% coverage allowed.
8. No building work is allowed without an approved Development Plan and Building Plan. Keeping in mind that we need to understand the character of Marloth and reflect it in our plans by continuously respecting, maintaining and supporting the underlying principles. Hence our development structures and gardens need to fit the general picture of the natural environment. NOT covered by stone or similar unfitting material.
9. The maximum height of any single story building shall be limited to 7 meters, measured from the lowest foundation level. A maximum of Two Storeys are allowed, with a maximum height of 10 meters. The maximum ground floor coverage of the main building shall be 250 square meters, while the second level area shall not exceed 60% of the ground floor area with a maximum of 4 bedrooms in total. The maximum size of out buildings shall be 50 (fifty) square meters. The maximum number of people allowed to sleep in a house, shall not exceed the number of permanent beds catered for.
10. Wood, as construction material, or any 'abnormal material', is allowed only by special application and approval.
The use of Leadwood and other Hard Woods for beams, pillars and all other purposes, requires proof that it was obtained from outside.
11. The Main Building MUST be completed first – i.e. Out Buildings may not be constructed first and used for human accommodation.
12. The volume of any Pool, for human use, shall be limited to a volume of Ten Cubic Meter and a depth of One Meter. All pools shall be left empty while the property is vacant, hence any pool must be raised above ground level. Game water holes shall have a maximum volume of One comma Two Cubic Meters and a maximum depth of Three Hundred millimeter, with one low sloping side. Prefabricated containers of steel, plastic, asbestos etc. is NOT allowed. The breeding of Mosquitoes shall be avoided at all times.
13. A single "Wendy" Type Structure or Tool/Garden Shed, not exceeding 10 square meters, is allowed by approval, but may NOT be equipped with water or electricity supply and NO person shall be allowed to stay, reside or live in it.
14. No fencing, of any nature, is allowed around the entire property. Limited fencing, around external living areas at the main building, is allowed with special application and approved.